Saturday, August 25, 2012

Xiao Long Bao


We don't eat a lot of Chinese food out anymore which is sad if you are a Chinese food lover like I am. Josh is always less likely to want to go to dim sum. I'm not sure if it's just because he doesn't really like it -- whereas I could go every week -- or if he just doesn't think it's that good here. Which it isn't really. Some things are hit or miss depending on the day.

So I asked to go to Chef Liu for dumplings instead.

We started off with the crabby xiao lonbg bao, which I think I prefer to the regular. I felt that the crab was more pronounced than usual and they were very good.

We also got a leek pie, of course. And then spicy cold noodles, which Josh ended up finishing as a snack at home.

And then we got some pan-fried pork and vegetable dumplings (wor tip style, I asked for). We couldn't finish all this food so we also brought home about five or six dumplings. I'm gonna enjoy those for a snack soon.

No comments: