It took longer than I expected to really recover from my sickness over Christmas. By the time we were nearly at new years, I felt like cooking again.
When you sous-vide short ribs and have leftovers... You make short rib ragu. Garlic, onions, and short ribs, simmering with my canned tomatoes.
For the pasta, we used Storico Fresco captain's hats, which held the sauce nicely.
I had felt like making a potato leek soup. So I did. Josh likes his with a little texture, so I used the immersion blender instead of putting it into the food processor. Less mess, too.
Our friend, Tim, makes a good potato leek soup and tops it with the black pepper Boursin, and it's great. Unfortunately, we couldn't easily find the Boursin in time, so I bought regular goat cheese instead and added a lot of black pepper. Not bad, but not as good.
Potato leek soup is good, but not filling enough to be a meal.
We had bought these shrimp cakes from the Sweet Savannah Shrimp Company at the Peachtree Road Farmers Market. Just saute on both sides and you are ready to go.
The flavor of the shrimp cakes is nice with the brightness of their high quality shrimp, and nice big pieces of it too. Definitely great to have in the freezer for a quick lunch.



No comments:
Post a Comment