Sunday, January 27, 2013
Halibut en papillote
We always try to cook at home on nights that we pick up the CSA. Josh stopped off at Whole Foods to pick up some fish and came back with a sizable halibut filet. I had work to do, so I opted for en papillote. I looked up a couple recipes to get the timing and fillings.
I ended up going with a small pat of butter on the bottom and on the top along with julienne-style (but not quite julienne quality) zucchini, carrots, and onions, and a few of our leftover cherry tomatoes. I salt and peppered the top and added some white wine.
Stuck it into the oven for 20 minutes at 375. Made rice, and served.
Well, it was okay. I should have seasoned the fish and vegetables separately before cooking. I should have added cream as I have in the past. And the flavors were a bit weird. Not sure if it was the wine (a chenin blanc) or combining the sweetness of the tomatoes in conflict with the rest of the veg.
In any case, it wasn't great. And the fish was overcooked. Poo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment