Sunday, January 27, 2013
Fresh pasta for dinner
We stopped off at Storico Fresco's brand new shop in Buckhead to say hi to Mike. There was constant foot traffic while we were there which is great news. Of course, that also meant that there wasn't much left when we got there.
We ended up getting mugello, a stuffed pasta with potato and chestnut, and some hand-cut tagliatelle. Apparently the mugello is good with lacinto kale because they grow together. Isn't that always the way?
I sat on the couch all day as long as I could until I needed to get up and make dinner.
I started off with a generous amount of Kerrygold unsalted butter and a bit of olive oil. I let that melt, then I added sliced garlic, nearly a head of it. From there, I let it cook for a bit and kept adding pasta cooking water so it would create a sauce.
When the pasta was two minutes from done, I added it to the pasta, added salt and pepper, added grated parmigiano reggiano. Tossed, and repeated with the rest. There was a lot more pasta than I expected.
It came out pretty good for a quick dinner. The top got a little bland, but when you tossed it with the juicy garlicky sauce at the bottom, it got better.
The pasta itself was magnificent. Smelled great when I opened the package. Great texture, flavor. Yum. So great to have an artisnal pasta shop again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment