Friday, March 05, 2010

Lobster, tofu, and dau miu

Tonight, we headed to Royal China. We really don't come here often enough. Since I'm now heading to Taka whenever Josh plays tennis (yes, I have an expensive weekly sushi habit.), my quota for good seafood is pretty well taken care of. Still, I don't get as much Chinese food as I need.

We kept things simple.

Lobster with ginger and scallions -- a serious Cantonese standard. They had a special, two lobsters for $30. We got two. We finished two. But not without a little pain. It was good though. Really good.

Salt and pepper tofu -- This is a direct translation from the Chinese name and it just doesn't do it justice. The salt part is really from salt but the pepper is usually from jalapenos. At least, that's how I take it. Deep fried tofu triangles, crisp and salty. Yummy.

Dau miu -- Snow pea tips are one of my veg standbys at Chinese restaurants, especially when oong choy is not available. How sad for me that this stuff is illegal now.

And I got my gook bo tea. Overall, an excellent dinner.

No comments: