After experiencing Star Provisions meat on a regular basis, you just can't go back. Any meat that you buy at the store just doesn't have enough flavor. And so, I decided to buy extra to stock up the freezer a bit to keep the trips to Star a little more manageable.
2 mini lemon meringue tartlets
roasted beets
aged bone-in ribeye (that's for tonight, yum)
4-bone pork rack (two for this week, two for the freezer)
1 lb Stockton, CA asparagus
1 lb hanger steak (destined for the freezer)
4 house made hot dogs
I'm hungry!
We also picked up some stuff at the wine store including:
Bitch, a grenache from a sub-region of Barossa valley (one of our favorites) from the R Winery. No oak, it says on the label. About $10.
Chateau Chadeuil, a French bordeaux that is 60% merlot, 20% cabernet sauvignon, 20% cabernet franc. It got a really high recommendation from the wine guy at the store (I get his weekly emails). $13, we bought two.
No comments:
Post a Comment