Sunday, September 19, 2010

Chorizo and potato tacos

As I mentioned yesterday, my visit to Pine St Market for smoked liverwurst ended up with the purchase of some loose Mexican chorizo. I had never cooked with chorizo before, not knowing what to do with it. Travis and Rusty recommended sauteing it with potatoes as a taco filling. Yum.

So this morning, I looked up a quick recipe on Epicurious.com and made a taco mixture with onions, garlic, chorizo, white potatoes, s+p. We shredded some Oaxacan cheese and I chopped some raw white onion and cilantro and we sat down to a tasty breakfast. Certainly, the potato adds a nice contrast to the chorizo, which was delicious all on its own. Some recipes add egg to this dish which I'm sure would be good, but I thought it was adequate all on its own.

Right now, I have some carnitas roasting in the oven. When I go to the kitchen to monitor its last few minutes of browning time, I'll start to pickle some beets and cherry bomb peppers.

One of my many Amazon boxes arrived yesterday. It contained Fiesta at Rick's, Joy of Pickling, How to Roast a Lamb, and Stir. Woot!

No comments: