Sunday, March 11, 2012

Village Burger in Dunwoody

I recently read a review on Serious Eats about Village Burger in Dunwoody. I have a friend who lives in Dunwoody so I sent her the review and she said she had been there and had not been impressed. So that lead me to look at what else the reviewer liked. Bocado. Ghetto burger. But his favorite burger is at the Vortex. So I wasn't sure if we had the same flavor for burgers.

But we were out there around 2pm on a Saturday -- when not many things are open -- and headed over to try it out.


For the burger, I was torn between one and two patties. When I learned the patties are 1/4 lb each, that should have sealed it that I just wanted one, but I didn't. So I went with two patties, american cheese. Lettuce, tomato, pickles. Ketchup, mayo, mustard.


The fries come nice and brown, just like I like em. We got the "to share" portion, which is probably enough for four to six people. We didn't really make a dent. They come regular or with a spice mix. We opted for regular. Pretty tasty.


The burger was pretty good. Cheesy, greasy, well salted. The ketchup and mustard weren't overwhelming like at some places (*cough*H&F mustard). The mayo was generous enough to melt through the burger deliciously. The balance was good even if it was too much meat for me. It was a pretty decent burger.

I got a coke. That went well with it too. I finished nearly the whole thing and waddled out of there sated.

No comments: