It's been a while since I subjected you to tales of my fish heads. A couple visits ago to Taka, he (and actually two different servers also) told me that he had kinmedai heads that night, my favorite. It comes simmered in a sweet soy. The meat is sweet and delicious. So here's the fish head in all its glory when it arrived at the table. It's a pretty sizable head, really, considering that it probably takes me about 30 min to eat it.
I always start with the stuff that's taking up the most room on the plate. In this case, it's the back of the head, towards the collar. Lots of meat back there too, and I think it is a little less fatty than the rest of the head meat so I like to get it overwith first. The kinmedai has a really big eye. I actually really like the eye -- gloppy, tender. But this one I thought was a bit too gloppy, even for me.
When the fish head is all said and done, this is what it looks like when it goes back to the kitchen.
And here's the plate of bones that goes with it!
1 comment:
Odd, I should be running away screaming, but I'm so impressed you eat it that I just examined the pictures over and over. Impressive and awesome. And gross. :)
Post a Comment