So I finally got around to watching Julie and Julia which mostly means that I can't stop thinking about Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I've never actually cooked out of Mastering, probably owing to the fact that I've been daunted by it the few times I've opened it by perusing complicated recipes like the French baguette.
But since there is so much talk about it, I decided it feels like time to make the boeuf bourguignon, which is even simpler, it seems, than the version in Julia and Jacques Cooking at Home. So I dug out of the freezer the beef tenderloin from when I bought a whole one from Costco and broke it down myself (after watching it on Alton Brown) and now it's happily defrosting in the sink.
I'm tempted to make Ina Garten's kicked-up version of the beef bouguignon, since that's where the idea to use the tenderloin for it came from in the first place, but then I would be back to yet again not making anything from Mastering so that would be a bad idea. And I won't tell you that I'm about to grab that cookbook off the shelf... just to look, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment