Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday morning market

Beautiful weather for the market today, low 70s, partially cloudy, but pretty humid. We met up with Hendricks to do some shopping. Got a slice of pizza which was pretty tasty and definitely better than those $7 crepes, but a little raw on the bottom.

We also picked up some eggs that are not exciting for pictures.

You would think that I would know who I'm buying from by now. I know the spring onions and lettuces are from Indian Ridge. They look awesome. The carrots are from the stand on the far side near the pound cake folks. We won't be eating at home much this week so we didn't buy too much, but we'll pretty much need to eat all of this in one night. Shouldn't be too hard. :)

I was lucky enough to score the last bag of strawberries from Riverview Farms. It's great to see that they are doing so well. I want to buy more meat every time I'm at the market because it's so good, but the freezer is so packed full of meat already that it's hard to justifying more before we eat it. Especially when we have the exact same thing already frozen. Not that we are out yet, but haven't seen the shrimp people back yet. They said they would post their market schedule on their website but I haven't seen it. We are lucky we got those shrimp on opening day.

We stopped by the Flat Oyster Lodge stand to pick up some of their cheddar. It was very tasty. We also picked up some awesome fig jam that Lauren is a big fan of. Indeed, it's pretty damn tasty. We also picked up some raw wildflower honey for josh. Oh, we also got some lemon scented almond biscotti bites but I forgot to get a picture.

No comments: