Given my recent craving for seafood and the subsequent thwarting that happened when J was out of town and the markets appeared too be out of blue crabs, we headed over to Steamhouse Lounge yesterday for some oysters and a nice bowl of lobster bisque. The bowl was filled to the brim and it was thick with stuff -- normally it has only about half the weight it did yesterday and I'm happy with it. Delicious. Extreme happiness.
Since we were in the area, we stopped by to stock up at Star. Purchase included:
- a baguette
- a 10 inch lemon meringue tart
- lamb rack - a 4-bone and a 5-bone
- pork rack - two 2-bones
- 21-day aged bone-in ribeye
- Paul Bertolli Toscano salume
- grey salt
We'll freeze the lamb and pork for the most part, keeping one item for this week. The ribeye we'll have tonight with a nice brunello. We meant to have the ribeye yesterday but we both fell asleep on the couch watching tv, and I felt we shouldn't have it if we weren't going to really enjoy it.
We also bought a bag of local kale from the farmstand. We'll have that with the ribeye along with some mashed potatoes (my current favorite form of potatoes). After all, what's not to like about mashed potatoes? I've been adding sour cream with a heavy hand and some chives as I read about in a food mag. It's pretty damn good. I've been meaning to try Ina Garten's version of adding some buttermilk but then I haven't had plans for the rest of the buttermilk and don't want to waste it.
This week, I'm thinking about making a lentil soup for the nights we are tired and have to work. Since I make so much, I think I'm going to bring some to A. However, it's supposed to be 60s this week. I don't have any temperature restrictions on soup like J does, so hopefully it won't be too warm for soup.
1 comment:
hey I stopped having temperature restrictions on soup a long time ago!
Post a Comment