So, first things first, you may know that I've been trying to grow tomatoes in my AeroGarden. The plant has been growing steadily for months now, but no tomatoes! I looked up instructions online (probably the only thing that has pissed me off about the aerogarden is that they are no longer including any instructions with the seeds -- and so how am I supposed to know what to do! Some things just should come with paper instructions) and found that I hadn't been pruning it or shaking the plant to distribute the pollen as I should have been.
So I trimmed it up and asked Josh to shake the trunk, and two days later, this beauty was born! Of course, this is the only tomato we have, but it's growing, and it makes me happy.
Don't judge me by my tomato.
Yesterday was the first day of the 2011 season for the Peachtree Road Farmers Market! We went earlier than usual, in part because we just happened to be awake, and we were glad we did. We got a lot of great stuff! We picked up kale, spinach, asparagus, and strawberries from Burge. And some broccoli/rabe mixture from Indian Ridge.
We also picked up carrots from Yoder, a gorgeous butter lettuce from McMullen that wilted so quickly when I left it out on the counter from home, and then some feta from Decimal Place, with a nice clean taste.
Yum, market season is here!



No comments:
Post a Comment