Last weekend when I was at Star Provisions, I noticed a pretty stack of robust summer sausages sitting in the refrigerated case. Charles let me know that they were 'summer sausages' filled with pork, beef, and garlic. Quite tasty, he said, served 'over there' in a bun with sauteed onions and peppers and grain mustard. So with my summer sausages in tow, I headed out to the grocery store for buns and grain mustard.
I've been disapponted with sausages from Star Provisions before (duck/venison and some cherry thing from a while ago) mainly because the flavors just didn't appeal to me. But this bun-stuffed meal was super, super tasty. And so filling. After just one, I was stuffed. I'm glad I only got two sausages.
And the grain mustard! I've had grain mustard before but my experience has always been that it's too strong and the mustard seeds are too crunchy and get stuck in your teeth. But the mustard that I got at Public was Grey Poupon Harvest Coarse Ground and no wonder it won a Gold Medal at the Napa Valley Mustard Festival because it was awesome! I slathered extra mustard on my sausage like I've never done before.
No comments:
Post a Comment