Well, all that recipe testing does eventually pay off. The party went pretty well. We had RSVPs for 25 and about 21 were present, including us. A small-size group that worked well.
Party prep started the day before as usual, but was pretty light overall. We did the grocery shopping and then I prepped all the pieces of the fried rice, including the pork. The tofu was pre-cooked as well. I nearly forgot to cut all the chicken as I had left it off the prep list, but luckily, I remembered!
And then the morning of, I made all the sauces and minced a ton of garlic and ginger plus their scallion buddies. I marinated chicken and then fried it. I precooked ribs.
General Tai's chicken. :) It turned out that I had to do its own batch for each round to keep the flavors right, so I cooked each batch as the batch before was getting eaten. It turned out pretty well.
And to keep the mapo tofu just right, I went back to the original recipe, without any tweaks. It turned out quite well.
Lastly, the ribs. The little riblets go over well, but they were probably the least popular of anything.
But this I have learned, fried rice is a really popular dish!




No comments:
Post a Comment