After drinks at Paper Plane, we headed to 246 for dinner. It had been a long time since we had stopped in for Drew's food, and it did not disappoint.
There are few people that we know at 246 anymore except for Drew. Heather, the host, did recognize us and met us with hugs, which was pretty nice. Drew was there, expediting, and he stopped by to say hello.
I had seen on the board outside that they had a gulf shrimp risotto special but I asked Drew what we shouldn't miss. He waxed on about the risotto and these fresh strawberries he had just gotten that he was eating out of hand in the walk-in.
And then he offered to pace us against the chef's table. Superb!
First course: this divine fava bean salad with prosciutto, strawberries, radishes. I took this picture right before Drew hurried over to drizzle it will whole mint leaves. This was a wonderful salad, so fresh, so spring. Absolutely delicious.
Here is the risotto with whole delicious gulf shrimp. Damn, it was delicious.
From there, we had this divine pork shank ragu with housemade garganelli. I know I keep saying divine, but it was a really delicious and satisfy meal.
So tasty.
Now dessert... I don't really remember much about it. They were okay. I don't even remember what they were. But the rest of the courses, especially that salad... well, that sure is a way to make you fall in love with spring.




No comments:
Post a Comment